Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Those Evil Cravings

Cravings are a problem that can completely destroy your hard work if you do not approach them the right way. I am someone who is 95% disciplined during the week doing my meal prep, staying on track with healthy snacks, exercising & drinking my water. But then the weekend comes and I completely un-do all of the hard work I put in all week. For years I have searched for a solution to this so I decided to share my findings with you guys. Have no fear, you too can be consistent with your healthy living. 

Just follow my 3 Step System


Step #1: Clear Out the Junk

Get rid of all the junk food that you currently have in your home, office and car. Go through with a big garbage bag and toss anything that remotely resembles junk food. Remember, junk food is tasty for a few minutes but is full of empty calories!  

Step #2: Stock Up on Healthy Snacks

Step two is where you go and stock up on foods that give your body fuel and keep your energy level high to get you through the day.  Nuts, seeds, fruit, veggies, hard boiled eggs, and salads are great items to have on hand. You’ll eat less of these healthy snacks, since these aren’t empty calories, but they are full of nutrients so you stay full longer. 

Step #3: HALT!

“Am I Hungry, Angry, Lonely or Tired?” If you’re hungry then reach for one of the healthy snacks from step two. If you’re angry, then figure out why and find a resolution to it. If you are lonely, then reach out to a friend, instead of reaching for junk food. And if you are tired then make the time to grab a nap or get to bed early to catch up on sleep. 

So there it is. I am no expert but this is just what I have found to work as I have been on my adventure to the healthiest version of me. Step #3 is the absolute most important step for most people. Once you realize just 'why' you are eating poorly and not giving your body the nutrition it needs is when you will finally be able to make that change. Don't give up on yourself. We are all a work in progress! 


**Inspired by information in Fit Body Boot Camp Newsletter**


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© HorvatWraps. All rights reserved.